Living on Purpose begins in August with a ten-day to two-week orientation designed to welcome and orient participants to the program, to the cities of Baton Rouge & New Orleans and to the communities they are entering—both the community that will be forged among program participants, and the communities with which they will be engaging through their service placements.
Following the orientation, participants will begin their full-time service placements.
- Fellowship: Community dinner
- Community discussions (usually linked with community dinner)
- One to two days per month—to be scheduled in advance with site supervisors—will be set aside for group retreats and training.
- At least one dinner per month will be held with a broader group (other service programs, other communities)
- Spiritual direction.
- Introduction to new spiritual practices or traditions.
- Mentoring sessions: every 3-6 weeks.